Amy Burnell

About Amy Burnell 

IMG_3834

Where were you born? Conroe, TX

Birthday: 11/13

Married/ Single/ It’s Complicated: Single

Kids? Pets? I have a 7 year old corgi named Bellarina (Beezle for short)

Favorite TV show: I’m a Shondaland junkie- Grey’s Anatomy & Scandal

Staple Foods: Eggs, salmon, almond butter and kombucha

Favorite Music: The Jane Doze- check them out on soundcloud!

Favorite Vacation: Anywhere that has water-preferably a beach

Favorite Sports to watch: Ladies soccer, softball and past Kona recordings

Favorite Sports to Play/Do: Softball by nature, tris and badminton

Interest Outside the Triathlon World: I’m a total foodie and I love grocery stores and farmers markets. On the more normal side, I love traveling and aspire to be a professional beach bum.

What inspired you to do triathlons? A co-worker at the time, I thought it seemed so awesome to always be working and looking toward something- a novel idea to me.

How did you start doing triathlons? I did a couple duathlons on my mountain bike and thought one day “there’s gotta be something better than this.” So I signed up for a YMCA membership and choked on enough water until I could swim 300m for my first sprint.

When was your first triathlon? July 2014 at the Texas Star Tri

What is your strength in a race? Running is easiest, but I’ve been told I’m a beast on the tri-bike

What is your weakness in a race? The mental game, if I have a bad race, that’s why.

Favorite Race: Overall, the Napa to Sonoma Wine half-marathon. It was the first legit race I did with my sister and she killed it :) Lonestar sprint in Galveston has been my favorite tri though.

FREE Triathlon Guide!

Instagram Feed

Something is wrong. Response takes too long or there is JS error. Press Ctrl+Shift+J or Cmd+Shift+J on a Mac.

Grab Your Copy!

Grab YOUR Copy Today!