Apryl Mortenson

About Apryl Mortenson 

Where were you born? Small town of Manchester, Iowa 

Birthday: May 3rd

Married/ Single/ It’s Complicated: Happily Married :)

Kids? Pets? One little man, Malcolm, who is almost 1 and two pups, Shelby and Mocha

Favorite TV show: No time for TV :)

Staple Foods: coffee, eggs, anything with peanut butter on it, any kind of fruit, and I do love my sweets!

Favorite Music: anything!

Favorite Vacation: Australia & Kona

Favorite Sports to watch: Triathlon and niece and nephews playing baseball

Favorite Sports to Play/Do: Triathlon

Interest Outside the Triathlon World: I love yoga and anything and everything outdoors-kayaking, paddle board, camping, hiking, skiing, spending time with family and friends.

What inspired you to do triathlons? My first boss out of college told me I should give it a try and I got hooked after that! What inspired me after being introduced to the sport was the camaraderie.

How did you start doing triathlons? My boss talked me into it, then I talked my younger sister into it, who then talked a friend into it! We all got hooked, but I drank the most of the triathlon lemonade. J

When was your first triathlon? June 2006 at the Pigman Sprint in Palo, IA

What is your strength in a race? Swimming comes ‘easy’ to me, but I think biking has became my strength

What is your weakness in a race? Nutrition

Favorite Race: I cannot pick one, there are too many favorites! My first race-Pigman Sprint Triathlon, first Ironman-Ironman Wisconsin, Olympic Worlds in Australia representing Team USA, 70.3 World Championships, & Ironman World Championships

FREE Triathlon Guide!

Fundamentals Course!

October New Balance Code!

New Balance Athletic Shoe

Learn to Rock YOUR Business!

I ❤️to Shop!

Find Now-Trending Sweaters at NORDSTROM

Life Lessons Book!