Iliana DelValle

About Ilis 

Name:  Iliana Del ValleFullSizeRender-1

Where were you born?  Veracruz, México

Birthday: July 28th, 1981

Married/ Single/ It’s Complicated:  Married

Kids? Pets?  Cocoa a pirate labrador that I rescued during the summer

Favorite TV show:  Friends, and all about cooking my tops are Giada at Home and Gordon Ramsay`s whatever show

Staple Foods:  Hamburgers, Tortillas, Peanut Butter Frosting, Filet of beef, Avocados, Rice Cakes, Tacos, Quesadillas…Omg I could keep going and going so I will stop

Favorite Music:  I like it all, I am so commercial … I like Michael Buble, Coldplay, The Killers, Aerosmith even some of One Direction

Favorite Vacation:  New York City is my favorite, but anything that implies leaving on a plane is my favorite

Favorite Sports to watch:  NFL sometimes, Go Giants!

Favorite Sports to Play/Do: I used to be a 100% sedentary person, so I truly just swim, bike and run..

Interest Outside the Triathlon World: Can I say food? I love to cook, I don’t do as much recipes I would like but cooking relaxes me

What inspired you to do triathlons?  I was a super committed runner, then triathlon season started and the ones I ran with started cycling and swimming, suddenly I was running alone, so I had to start tri-ing.. And also I wanted to keep losing weight and become fit so triathlon seemed to be a good effort

How did you start doing triathlons?  I was a runner, , then learned how to ride in like 2 o 3 months, started swimming just to handle the sprint distance, and that is how I started…

When was your first triathlon? My first was on 2014, was a sprint and honestly barely remember how it felt,it was hard, ´cause I did the bike without drinking any water ´cause I didn´t know how to do it on the bike, so I remember it was cool but hard…

What is your strength in a race? Running is my strength, I can keep going and going….I love long distance

What is your weakness in a race?  The bike!!! I’m still learning how to ride properly and I am scared as hell of trucks and cars, but at the same time, when I finish a good bike training I always say : “cycling is my thing”

Favorite Race:  Ever? I haven’t done a lot, but my first olympic in august, it was my 2015 goal and I finish it ready for more, every time I remember when I crossed the line and told a friend of mine, WE ARE GOING TO IM 70.3… I AM READY ( applause)