Jeff Anderegg

About Jeff Anderegg

Where were you born? Mason City, Iowa

Birthday: 05/14

Married/ Single/ It’s Complicated: Married to Tamara since May 22, 1999

Kids? Pets? Lillie-14, Adam-10, both swim circles around me

Favorite TV show: Whatever is being binge-watched on my Netflix Que.  Currently a mix of Dexter and Mad Men.  Favorite show that I never miss live is the Goldbergs

Staple Foods: GNC Lean Shakes, it’s what’s for breakfast.  I have celiac disease, so much of the joy has been removed from eating.  Staples tend to be lots of chicken prepared in a myriad of inventive ways by my lovely wife.  I like coffee with flavored full fat/calorie cream(skim milk is for people afraid to commit!).  I also like combat crunch protein bars(Have you had them? They are great!).

Favorite Music: I listen to all music; 50-60’s to country to Rap, and as a child of the 80’s that is heavy in the rotation.  I am currently on a pop kick thanks to the reality that I am aging and trying to stay relevant with my kids.  

Favorite Vacation: Tamara and I were able to go to Cabo San Lucas with a group of friends.  It was a very active vacation with surfing and deep sea fishing.  I think it was my favorite because I don’t sit around well.  I like to stay busy.

Favorite Sports to watch: Iowa Hawkeye College Football, Ironman livestream finish lines, my kids swim meets

Favorite Sports to Play/Do: I like to throw around the football with Adam.  I also like to wake surf, and would probably surf more if I lived near waves.

Interest Outside the Triathlon World: Gardening, Lawn care – I am a perfectionist (it was very difficult to turn that over to my 10 year old during my peak training), construction

What inspired you to do triathlons? I initially got into a shorter distance triathlon on a whim. It was a fitness challenge that I hadn’t accomplished yet. I chose to complete an Ironman because I wanted to show my kids that with hard work and drive, absolutely anything is possible. What better way than an Ironman.

How did you start doing triathlons? A local triathlete arranged one in my hometown.  I signed up with several of my friends.  Biked and ran, but didn’t really swim, thought I would just endure it. I had such a great time, I was immediately hooked.

When was your first triathlon? Local sprint triathlon 7/2012

What is your strength in a race? I don’t and won’t quit.  As far as the three disciplines go, I would have to say swimming, which is a big surprise since I have only been doing it for a little over a year.  Based on my race times, it is the one discipline where I have seen the most substantial gains.

What is your weakness in a race? Cycling – Engine work in progress

Favorite Race: Ironman Wisconsin, my first.  

2017 Race Season

1. Ironman Wisconsin
  2. Ironman 70.3 Racine
  3. Ironman 70.3 Madison