Jeff Anderegg

About Jeff Anderegg

Where were you born? Mason City, Iowa

Birthday: 05/14

Married/ Single/ It’s Complicated: Married to Tamara since May 22, 1999

Kids? Pets? Lillie-14, Adam-10, both swim circles around me

Favorite TV show: Whatever is being binge-watched on my Netflix Que.  Currently a mix of Dexter and Mad Men.  Favorite show that I never miss live is the Goldbergs

Staple Foods: GNC Lean Shakes, it’s what’s for breakfast.  I have celiac disease, so much of the joy has been removed from eating.  Staples tend to be lots of chicken prepared in a myriad of inventive ways by my lovely wife.  I like coffee with flavored full fat/calorie cream(skim milk is for people afraid to commit!).  I also like combat crunch protein bars(Have you had them? They are great!).

Favorite Music: I listen to all music; 50-60’s to country to Rap, and as a child of the 80’s that is heavy in the rotation.  I am currently on a pop kick thanks to the reality that I am aging and trying to stay relevant with my kids.  

Favorite Vacation: Tamara and I were able to go to Cabo San Lucas with a group of friends.  It was a very active vacation with surfing and deep sea fishing.  I think it was my favorite because I don’t sit around well.  I like to stay busy.

Favorite Sports to watch: Iowa Hawkeye College Football, Ironman livestream finish lines, my kids swim meets

Favorite Sports to Play/Do: I like to throw around the football with Adam.  I also like to wake surf, and would probably surf more if I lived near waves.

Interest Outside the Triathlon World: Gardening, Lawn care – I am a perfectionist (it was very difficult to turn that over to my 10 year old during my peak training), construction

What inspired you to do triathlons? I initially got into a shorter distance triathlon on a whim. It was a fitness challenge that I hadn’t accomplished yet. I chose to complete an Ironman because I wanted to show my kids that with hard work and drive, absolutely anything is possible. What better way than an Ironman.

How did you start doing triathlons? A local triathlete arranged one in my hometown.  I signed up with several of my friends.  Biked and ran, but didn’t really swim, thought I would just endure it. I had such a great time, I was immediately hooked.

When was your first triathlon? Local sprint triathlon 7/2012

What is your strength in a race? I don’t and won’t quit.  As far as the three disciplines go, I would have to say swimming, which is a big surprise since I have only been doing it for a little over a year.  Based on my race times, it is the one discipline where I have seen the most substantial gains.

What is your weakness in a race? Cycling – Engine work in progress

Favorite Race: Ironman Wisconsin, my first.  

2017 Race Season

1. Ironman Wisconsin
  2. Ironman 70.3 Racine
  3. Ironman 70.3 Madison

FREE Triathlon Guide!

Fundamentals Course!

October New Balance Code!

New Balance Athletic Shoe

Learn to Rock YOUR Business!

I ❤️to Shop!

Find Now-Trending Sweaters at NORDSTROM

Life Lessons Book!