Jill Corrigan

About Jill K. Corrigan 

Where were you born? Edison, NJ

Birthday: 12/17

Married 16 years this April

Kids? Pets? Grace is 14, Alex(andra) is 11, Paisley our female Golden Retriever, who will be 2 in March.

Favorite TV show: Just one??  Friends and West Wing are my all-time faves.

Staple Foods: Bananas, eggs, avocados and bacon.  Not necessarily eaten all together.  Well, basically the bananas, and then the last three.

Favorite Music: Alternative Techno (New Order, Depeche Mode, most currently Chvrches)

Favorite Vacation: African Safari

Favorite Sports to watch: College Football, almost anything in the Olympics!

Favorite Sports to Play/Do: Swim/Bike/Run repeat, baby! Oh, and skiing.

Interest Outside the Triathlon World: Skiing, Disney, Travel, Relaxing

What inspired you to do triathlons? Finishing a Century ride for charity, and listening to a friend’s passion for Tri, I thought, “You know, learn to swim 2.4 miles, do this again, and suck up another marathon and I could be an Ironman!”  But I started small and have no current Half or Full distance races in my plans just yet.

How did you start doing triathlons? Having been inspired to get into Triathlon, I had the good fortune of being selected to represent Betty Designs since 2014.  I think that was a big thing for me, since it gave me an immediate support system for getting into the sport right when I needed it.  In March of 2014, I started swim lessons, but still felt incredibly uncomfortable.  I found someone who taught Total Immersion and that helped me immensely.  By the time my first triathlon came around, I was much more comfortable in the water, even if my form still wasn’t there.

When was your first triathlon? Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival (South Berwick, Maine), Sprint Distance, September 13, 2014

What is your strength in a race? I came to triathlon with a running background, yet I feel like the bike is my strongest discipline.

What is your weakness in a race?  Though, my most improved discipline, I still think Swim in my weakest.  I’ve come such a long way, but I don’t know strategies for “racing” a swim like I can for the other two.

Favorite Race: Pumpkinman will always be near and dear to my heart as it was my first introduction to the sport and it was such and amazing experience!

Races for 2017:

1. Bassman Triathlon, Int’l Distance, May 21st
  2. NJ State Triathlon, Olympic Distance, July 23rd
  3. USAT Age Group Nationals, Olympic Distance, August 12th.
  4. Pumpkinman Tri Festival, Distance TBD, Sept. 9th & 10th
  5. Hincapie Medio Fondo, (50-miler) October 21st.

Love Social Media? Me too!

Rulon Rules: Strength Training & the Triathlete

Grab a portion of my Ebook for FREE!

Download it TODAY!