Raquel Dominguez

About Raquel Dominguez 

Name: Raquel Dominguez

Where were you born? Managua, Nicaragua. I was a baby when I moved to New Orleans. I was raised in the Big Easy, Laissez les bon temps roulez!!

Birthday: May 30

Married/ Single/ It’s Complicated: Married

Kids? Pets? No pets! One son, Joshua and Tristan due to arrive January 25, 2017.

Favorite TV show: Castle

Staple Foods: Sweet Potatoes, eggs, and corn!

Favorite Music: 80’s and 90’s music

Favorite Vacation: Anywhere!!! I love to travel! As long as my family is with me…I know it’s going to be memorable and become my favorite until the next one.

Favorite Sports to watch: I enjoy watching soccer, gymnastics, and figure skating.

Favorite Sports to Play/Do: Soccer

Interest Outside the Triathlon World: Photography

What inspired you to do triathlons? I used to run marathons. I love to run. I started to get bored of just running. When I would visit my parents in Colorado, I would see a lot of triathletes. They inspired me! The rest is history. I love being a triathlete.

How did you start doing triathlons? Being raised in New Orleans, Tulane University Alumni, I left part of my heart and soul in New Orleans. I thought it would be special to go back home and conquer my first triathlon. I signed up for New Orleans 70.3 and it was AMAZING!

When was your first triathlon? April 2016.

What is your strength in a race? Swimming

What is your weakness in a race? Bike

Favorite Race: Buffalo Springs 70.3

Races for 2017:

1. Escape From Alcatraz
  2. Marble Falls
  3. Buffalo Springs 70.3
  4. New Orleans 70.3

Love Social Media? Me too!

FREE Triathlon Guide!

Instagram Feed

Something is wrong. Response takes too long or there is JS error. Press Ctrl+Shift+J or Cmd+Shift+J on a Mac.

Grab Your Copy!

Grab YOUR Copy Today!