Todd DiGrigoli

About Todd DiGrigoli

Name: Todd DiGrigoli                

Where were you born? Pittsfield, Massachusetts

Birthday: 10/26/1966

Married/ Single/ It’s Complicated:  Recently separated

Kids? Pets? 3 children, Sara-20, Elena-13 & Jack-12.     We have 2 pets,  a long haired cat Fluffy and our 1 ½ year old puppy a dachshund/shih tzu mix named Scout. And a variety of 20 chickens.

Favorite TV show: Life Below Zero, Alaska the Last Frontier, Homicide Hunter Lt. Joe Kenda

Staple Foods: milk, coffee, cheese, pizza,  pasta, chicken

Favorite Music: classic rock is my mainstay, along with some Eminem,  but I do like some of the newer stuff that my daughters make me listen to.

Favorite Vacation:  It’s a  toss up between camping in the Adirondacks & Acadia National forest. Both are so beautiful and offer so much to explore. The peacefulness of the Adirondacks is hard to beat.  Although our trip to Sitges, Spain for our 10th anniversary was pretty special.

Favorite Sports to watch:  college & pro  football  & professional soccer

Favorite Sports to Play/Do: soccer

Interest Outside the Triathlon World: I love to ski,  hike, hunt, &  camp with my family

What inspired you to do triathlons? Watching Kona coverage years ago on NBC

How did you start doing triathlons? I had some friends that did them and then had some hip issues and my Sports Medicine physician recommended I give it a try. I was already running and had just gotten a road bike so I figured why not tri?

When was your first triathlon? 2013 a friend of mine talked me into doing a sprint with him. I was so nervous I’d back out because of the swim that I didn’t tell any of my running friends that I was doing it.  It hooked me for sure.

What is your strength in a race?   The mental side as I seem to be able to compartmentalize quite well. Also the run, it seems to be where I pick up the most spots

What is your weakness in a race? The bike, I just can’t seem to average much more than 18.5 no matter the distance or the terrain.

Favorite Race:     the last mile of anything……

Races for 2017:

• Martha’s Vineyard ½ marathon 5/21 tentative
  • Covered Bridges ½ marathon 6/4
  • Tupperlake Tinman 70.3 6/24
  • Lake Placid 70.3 11/10 my A race

Rulon Rules: Strength Training & the Triathlete

Grab a portion of my Ebook for FREE!

Download it TODAY!