The end of the January, I jumped on FaceBook Live, which I am starting to do on a weekly basis. It was the end of the month, and I was getting all my social media together, such as Instagram, Facebook posts, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and other platforms out there. As I spent almost 90 minutes, organizing, posting, cleaning up photos, I just screamed!
Ninety freaking minutes on social media for almost 3 days of work. WTH!!!
I stepped away for a bit. Got my mind cleared and instead of “bitching” about social media, I started thinking about the positives of social media.
The LOVE with Social Media:
- Gathering Relationships – Isn’t it amazing how many people you connect with on social media. Then you head to an event and you FINALLY met after so many years! That is one of the best things about social media
- Finding Communities – The triathlon world is HUGE on social media BUT I am sure CrossFit, Zumba, Running, etc, you get my point. Connect with people that LOVE what you love to do. You all will have this amazing bond!
- Building your business – If you have an online business, brick and mortar business, soon to be actor/actress, etc, you need to be on social media ASAP. Even though you may have a brick and mortar, still doesn’t mean you shouldn’t build your brand online.
- Building your Clientele – If you have an online business, brick and mortar business and you have clients to serve with either a product or a service. Get on social media NOW. Don’t oversell. Be you. Be your brand.
- Building your Tribe – Similar to finding the communities BUT what I love about building my brand on social media, I have found people that will also share my journey with me!
The HATE with Social Media:
- Time Suck – Look at my introduction from above. I was on social media for almost 90 minutes, as I was trying to put together my FB, Twitter and my Instagram, three accounts! It’s a lot. Put a timer on the phone and give yourself 30 minutes, morning, noon and night. Found about an app from another triathlon coach: Quality Time App . (Android Only. I will look for an Apple One.)
- Fake News – Fake News. Fake Photos. Just too freaking much. What do I mean by “fake?” You know the set up camera, with someone drinking a shake? Or the awesome body, only to find out that they are “starving” themselves. I want to be inspired. Educate me. Let me laugh. Show me a GIF! Talk to me about something fun or what you been doing in your triathlon world, etc. But be real!
- NOT always raw and real – There are so many photos that show the “perfect” look, stride, non belly but in reality, there should be more of the raw and realness of a post. People want to be inspired by vulnerability, the rawness of a human being. A lot of people have the fear of being vulnerable. Trust me. You will get MAD PROPS from your followers for being raw and real!
- Crappy Photos – Instagram is all about the quality photos with a story. I do NOT want to see crappy photos. I will unfollow your ass. Plain and simple. I do not want to see a shit ton of selfie (I had to learn that myself…sorry!). Once again. I want to be inspired and motivated.
- Creepers! – Unfortunately they are out there. We have to deal with it or block their asses.
Check out my YouTube Video about “The Love/Hate Relationship with Social Media” that I did on FB Live and you will see the raw and realness of what I am talking about!
What do you LOVE about social media? What are your frustrations of social media? Comment below, as we all have to deal with them AND how do you deal with them?
Interested in grabbing a FREE Guide to my “Coaching the Coach” Tips and Trick? Click below!