I threw a lot of information to you in the last 11 days about Pose Method Running. Remember, Rome was not build in one day and nor will perfecting your Pose Running. I took numerous clinics with Valerie Hunt in Austin, and then headed to a clinic with the man himself, Dr. Romanov. (If you ever get a chance to take a clinic from either of them…I highly recommend it!)
While I did throw you a lot, these would be my take away from #12daysofpose!
- Learn how to Relax. I realized there is a lot of thinking when it comes to Pose Method and how to do it properly. Out of your 30-minute run, concentrate on 5 minutes for the 1st run, 7 minutes for your 2nd run, etc. It will get to a point, where you don’t think about it at all!
- Learn how to Fall. Check out Usain Bolt and his falling. Follow fast people. What are they doing? Practice the fall, wherever you see a wall. In Pose and in Springiness Position. (See Day 4,5 and Day 9 of #12daysofpose)
- Be nice to your Achilles. No NOT try to do Pose Method Running, during a 13 mile run. Your Achilles will be screaming at you and you may never want to run again! (See Day 7 of #12daysofpose)
- Learn how to Pull. This is the fun phase of Pose…the flight phase! Learn how to get both feel off the ground not by pushing your legs and ground. Learn by pulling up feet from the ground.
- Practice. Practice. Enjoy going for a run again. Stop your watch. Do your drills. Then off you go. I would no suggest listening to music. Listen to your stride, your breathing, count your cadence (45+ rpm for: 30/each foot).
- Remember, you get to run. You get to improve. How would you not want that!
Thank you all for listening to me and I hope you were able to take something away from this series.
Click HERE for the Top 5 Strength Exercises for Triathletes PDF and Jen Rulon’s Newsletter!